As we are about to spend more time at home, practicing social distancing and helping Australia to get the Coronavirus under control, we've been thinking about how we will spend more time at home.
We all have our 'Senior moments', we forget a word, can't find our keys or can't recall a familiar name.
Memory changes are common, but the good news is that there are plenty of things we can do to keep our brains active and keep those annoying memory lapses at bay.
There's good basic health habits we can practice.
- staying physically active
- making sure we're getting enough sleep
- don't smoke
- maintain social interactions
- limit alcohol to one drink a day
- eat a balanced diet low in saturated and trans fats.
There's also fun things we can do, like crossword puzzles and sudoku.